Sunday, August 31, 2008

withdrawal

I have it on good authority (see the comment to yesterday's blog) that I probably am in withdrawal. So in addition to wrestling with the 800 lb gorilla, I've got a monkey on my back! Hey, enough already with the simian metaphors! Actually, it's not so bad today so I'll probably hang tough and ride it out.

Withdrawal always makes me think of the movie "The Man With the Golden Arm" that my cousin D and I went to see at a rather young age. It's about a guy hooked on heroin, starring Frank Sinatra as the addict who was also a drummer and a poker player. Frank wasn't a bad actor when he put his mind to it. That was a very scary movie for a couple of young guys. I don't know how old we were, but I was driving so I suppose 20 or so.

Sunny today in the EF. When the dog and I went down for the paper at about 7:30, the sun was in the treetops, just coming over the mountain. Birds singing, sun in the treetops- really nice. I think I'll cut the grass today, later after it dries out.

I see a photo of me made daughter M's blog. Click on Bootstrap Productions in the blog list on the right. That's me under the quilt she made for me! I'm cold all the time, since the gorilla made it's appearance, so the quilt really works well.

No comments: