Saturday, August 9, 2008

Margarita!

So, eldest daughter E and her big black dog (also E, btw) came for the weekend. Last evening, for before dinner drinks, we had margaritas. Wow! I immediately felt about a 1000% better- active, hungry, awake. We had tomato and feta, then grilled chicken, potato salad, and a jello thingy, all with red wine, and I ate some of everything and wanted more. I can't remember when I felt like eating that much. And no discomfort after, either. This morning, more of the same. I actually made my own breakfast and fed my faithful dog, also for the first time in a long time. Now if I could put some weight back on, I'd be happy. I understand there is some on the Western Front I could have, if I could get it. I'm sitting here snacking on GORP and Boost for mid-morning snack.

I don't know what's going on here, but I like it! I seriously think the margarita was coincidence, but I'm willing to have one every day to test the theory. It's the least I can do for science. And let's not forget the "other" 800 lb gorilla in the room, which we won't talk about.

We watched the Olympic opening stuff. Did y'all notice there was a pipe and drum band playing for lots of the parade of nations? Yes, a bagpipe band, playing traditional Scottish pipe marching music. I recognized "Cock O' the North" for one, and several other tunes that sounded familiar but I couldn't put a name to. What's with that, anyway? Pipes and drums at the Olympics in Peking?

Now that I'm feeling so good, I need to go out to Lowe's and get some parts to stop a little leak in our bathroom toilet and a slight drip in our shower. Then, of course, actually fix said appliances.

1 comment:

Emma Burns said...

I think you should have a margarita every day and raise your glass and toast, "To science!" I might have to join you in that, just in case it'll help you. Coast to coast margaritas against the 800 lb. gorilla!

Now that I can breathe, I'm actually losing some of that excess weight. Holding perfectly still: not great exercise! Who knew?

Very glad to hear you're feeling so much better!!! YAY!