Sunday, August 3, 2008

bad

There are good days and bad days, as we know. Yesterday and today qualify as "bad", probably due to the chemo treatment on Thursday. I generally hit bottom the weekend after the treatment, and this is it. So I have some discomfort (but not to the level of pain), gastric distress, and sleeping problems related to the first two. This too shall pass.

I got my electronic issues solved. A phone call to Direct TV took care of the receiver in the office. She said it was a technical glitch, and fixed it in a few seconds. And I solved the blog issue yesterday.

The papers for the ACS meeting are on line, and searchable. How cool is that? Back in the day, we had to read all the titles and try to decide if a given paper was of interest. Searchable is much cooler. So I set up a bookmark in the laptop so I can do it on site, or at least from the hotel. On the other hand, the first paper I found that I would have liked to see is a poster on Wednesday evening, and I need to be home by then. I also set up an account on STN so I can read abstracts. It costs $2 for a search, which is not bad if you only want a few. I miss having the company account and be able to search a lot! If anyone wants to know, I think we emeritis members should be able to do a limited amount of searching free.

Weather in the EF is outstandiongly nice. After the rain yesterday AM, it dryed out and a light breeze came up. Really nice. I may get to cutting the grass today, on the once a week schedule. We'll see how I feel later.

No comments: