Saturday, August 30, 2008

fog

It's a foggy day in the EF today. Very quiet due to fog, of course. Can't even hear the rooster across the street. Maybe he didn't get up yet since the light is so dim. I don't think the Marks are out yet either; no hammering or anything. Foggy is kinda spooky, ya know?

I see they are evacuating N.O. Seems a little early to me, but what do I know? I think they are overreacting to the snafu with Katrina. Like the military, they are fighting this battle with the weapons from the last war. Good luck to them. It occurs to me once again that the Northeast is just about the perfect place to live weather wise. We're out of the tornado alley in the mid west, out of the hurricanes in the tropics, out of the really heavy snow area, out of the really hot weather areas, and we get the seasons changing. Why would anyone want to live anywhere else?

I'm having thoughts that maybe I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the stopping the higher level of Oxycontin. Dr D told me that 40 mg/day would result in mild addiction, but Dr W kind of disagreed. I'm feeling kinda sickish and out of sorts. The pain is OK so I'll continue on the 10 mg twice a day. If it is withdrawal, it should gradually subside. The data sheet from the drug store is silent on withdrawal. I'll do a Google search and see what I can find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My professional opinion is that you are withdrawing. Pretty harsh to the system to suddenly cut the dose by 50%--can cause one to feel achy, diarrhea, sick to stomach, overall bleech. (To use the technical term.) I probably would have recommended (were you my patient) that you start off by taking 10 in the am and 20 in the pm...that way, could always take breakthrough oxycodone during the day to compensate. DIL