Tuesday, August 26, 2008

sleep

Sleep is good. I seem to be caught up, after a nap yesterday and a good night's sleep. Ahh! Feels great!

I invented a cheeseburger sort of thing last night for dinner. Took a lb of ground beef, formed into 2 patties, large patties. Sprinkled some Worcestershire on and grilled while simultaneously and at the same time sauteing half an onion in olive oil. When I turned the patties, I put a slice of Provolone on each. By the time they were done, the cheese was nicely melted, as in a cheeseburger. Put them on a plate and smothered them in sauteed onions. Excellent! Also had a large beer mug size margarita with them. Digested very well; no gastric distress. Note to self: No grains! Coincidentally, or maybe not, daughter M can't eat any wheat. Hmm.

I watched the Dem convention last night, which reinforced what I have always disliked about them. Their heroes: Ted Kennedy, who left Mary Jo to die. John Kennedy, who was carrying on with a mob prostitute in the White House. And got us into the Viet Nam war, a fact his daughter forgot to mention when she claimed him to be a man of peace. Jimmy Carter, who meant well but was totally ineffectual. Bill Clinton, with Whitewater and Monica and all, but at least was able to get things done. And Hillary, who was only able to run for the nomination because she was married to Bill and was defeated because she still is married to Bill. Barack is the best of the lot. Of course, none of them sink to the depths of W, which must stand for WORST! Sorry- rant over.

Yesterday I called the motel where we'll be staying on the way to the Northern Front. Guy is very helpful, said a 12.5 feet long 'yak will just about fit into a room. He has us down for a ground floor room. He also offered to put it in a storage area if necessary. So that system is "go". Now the issue is if we can handle it. Thing only weighs 40 lbs, same as a bag of dog food, but neither of us is as strong as we used to be. We'll use the Outback, so it won't need to be lifted very high. Back when I bought it, before the encounter with the 800 lb gorilla, I could put it up on and take it down from the Pilot by myself. Damn gorilla.

1 comment:

Emma Burns said...

Oh oh oh, that cheeseburger sounds SO GOOD!

Isn't life tricky with no wheat? I don't know how you're managing with no grains at all. I just can't be bothered to eat and then find myself living on baby carrots and gumdrops. (NOT RECOMMENDED)