Monday, August 25, 2008

awake

Boy, am I awake! I fell asleep watching Sunday Night Baseball with Joe and Jon (Phillies vs. Dodgers), then woke up at about 9:30, took my meds, brushed teeth, etc, turned off the TV, and lay in bed wide awake. I spent most of the night awake, with several short sleep periods. I suspect this is due to the chemo wearing off; kinda a rebound effect. I had a little discomfort in the area of my left lung, so took an Oxycodone at about 3. Discomfort went away, so I was wide awake and comfortable. Quiet night, cloudy and warm. Finally rained at about 4 or 5. I suspect I'll crash soon and have to take a sleeping day. Whatever.

We're working on a plan to take the kayak on our expedition to the Northern Front. Major issue is that I don't want to leave it on the car overnight. Yes, it has a lock and cable, but several snips with a bolt cutter and one would have a several thousand dollar 'yak. We can't drive non-stop, due to medical issues with both of us, so we have to stop in a motel on the way for at least one night. The second night we'll be with E et al in NH. S said we could leave the 'yak there on the Northern Front if we want to, so the return trip would not have any issues. But I need to work on that one night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would surely fit in the hotel room.