Wednesday, August 27, 2008

pain

Pain is not good. I spent a good deal of yesterday adjusting the 'yak rack on the Outback. It works! It needed a lot of adjusting, which involved a lot of lifting and pushing and pulling, all of which aggravated the pain, especially in the left lung area. So I skipped dinner, sort of- just had some cheese, tomatoes, and sliced turkey- and went to bed early. Then I took an extra oxy pain pill. I do feel pretty good this morning.

I suppose I wouldn't have any pain if I sat in a corner and didn't do anything., but that is not me. This is the life I have and I'm going to live it.

I've been putting a fresh tomato (from the garden) in my gross eggs. Outstanding! And I can eat them with Feta cheese too. Of course, this means there are not too many. Last year they made me sick, and we had a bumper crop. I suppose this is another example of the Law of the Innate Perversity of Inanimate Objects, the same Law which says that if you drop jelly bread it always lands face down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For fun and games, try explaining the phrase "jelly side up" to someone for whom English is a second language, and who grew up in a bowl-of-rice culture.

Then explain how the Easter Spaniel hid eggs at your house when you were a kid.