Wednesday, August 13, 2008

blazer

WE went to Woolrich yesterday and I bought a new navy blue blazer. Yes, I did. My old one is too big to be comfortable, and who wants to spend 3 days at a convention being uncomfortable. Blazer is really nice, a real light weight worsted wool. It has a great hand. When I was in the Army back in the day I had a khaki tropical worsted uniform, which was optional to wear. It too was really comfortable in the heat. Wonder what I did with that? Maybe B ended up with it.

Our Amish neighbors, the Marks, are building a new barn. They start work at about 7, when I'm thinking about getting up. Boy, those people work! For those who may not be familiar with the Amish, a family is refered to by the first name of the father. The family across the road is Mark Stolsfus et al, refered to as the Marks, which differentiates them from the Johns, Marks brother's family, who live down the road.

Thinking about margaritas- the store bought mix calls for using 3 parts mix to 1 part tequila, which is 25% tequila. The common recipe I found is 3:2:1 where the 3 is tequila. That's 50% tequila, plus the alcohol in the Cointreau, which will make it a sipping drink rather than a drinking drink. We actually use 4 parts mix to one tequila, which is 20% tequila, and is a nice refreshing drinkable drink. Hmm. Going to be interesting.

1 comment:

shelley toye said...

3:2:1:1 tequila: (cointreau or) triple sec: lemon or lime juice: grapefruit juice or orange juice if available. Over-ripe almost rotten orange squeezed into the mixture if you have any around. Powdered or bottled sour mix contains high fructose corn syrup which I stay away from. I prefer triple sec, with a few packets of sugar or sucralose, stir or shake well.

I love your outfit. Are you interested in writing about your time in the service, where you wore wool, and why. I would be interested to know more about the conditions, years, experiences if you care to share it.