Monday, August 4, 2008

pain

I guess I hadn't hit bottom yet yesterday. That ol' gorilla decided to slap me around a bit. More pain last evening, mostly in the chest, so much so that I had to take some more oxy. That stuff really works! Pain subsided and I was able to sleep. I feel pretty good this morning. The grass didn't get cut either; weather was fine, but I wasn't. We'll see what today brings.

I'm starting to put things together for the Philly trip. My blazer, which fit fine several months ago, is now too big. Not much too big, so I guess I'll wear it, but still a nuisance. And I'm having the usual issues with getting everything I want into my small rolling bag, plus the suit carrier which will take the blazer and pants, maybe shirts too. The laptop has it's own bag too, my ex briefcase, which straps to the rolling bag very nicely. I spent 5 days in Germany with that small rolling bag and briefcase, doing business calls, so I should be able to spend 3 days in Philly.

I'm starting to put a plan together for a trip to the Northern Front for JEB's birthday on 9-9. We'll probably be there for the prior weekend. We figure on 3 days, about 4-5 hours a day, should do it. I found it's actually less miles to go across northern Vermont on highway 2 than to go via Windham. So the tentative plan is to stop in Windham to visit going one way and do Vermont for the other way. You will not be surprised to hear that Excel is getting a workout! I always did think planning for a trip is half the fun, and Excel makes it really easy.

No comments: