Thursday, August 7, 2008

good

Looks like a good day, finally. No discomfort, no gastric distress today. Not yet, anyway! Kinda showery out right now.

Had a funny dream last night. I was on a large boat thing with various family members, all of whom were sleeping. The dog jumped into the water in the middle of the night, and I had to get him back on. I thought to myself, with all the dogs this family has, there must be a way to get them into the boat. So I looked on the side, and sure enough, there was this long ramp sort of thing which went down into the water. The top end was at a gate in the railing, so one could walk out onto the ramp and down into the water. The lower end went down under the water so the dog could walk out at his leisure. I was really impressed that my brain was able to design a ramp to get the dog out of the water whilst and at the same time managing a rather complex dream. Well done, brain! I don't have brain cancer, after all. Oh, in the dream I jumped into the water, which was maybe 6 feet below the deck of the boat, and swam around with the dog for a while, then we both walked up the ramp into the boat. Funny though- dog was not a specific dog- not Rollo or Echo, just a large friendly black dog. I guess the brain was too busy with the ramp to generate a specific dog.

I'm stalling calling Geisinger. Don't like unpleasant tasks. Well, who does?

Preparing for the trip to Philly, I'm trying to find something which will not go bad and act as milk in tea. I've become quite fond of milk in my tea. Today I tried dry milk, which is not bad. It's not half and half, but it is portable and won't spoil. I really don't care for the taste of the non-dairy powder creamers, plus I know where a lot of it comes from. The New Tower at Lonza in Williamsport, a place I'm sure lives in the memories of my offspring. If anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along, either as a comment or email. TIA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which one was the New tower? They were all the same to me.