Friday, August 8, 2008

Bureaucracy

I fought my way through the GMC bureaucracy yesterday to straighten out the appointment issues. It only took about 10 minutes to get to K, Dr W's nurse, who was properly apologetic and nicely straightened out things. The whole thing happened because the scheduler didn't call me when the appointment was made, and then K didn't get back to me when I emailed about the problem. Dr W is on rounds the week of the 21st, whatever that is, so the scheduler made the appointment for the 14th. K set it up so that I have to go in for an 8AM appointment on the 21st, before Dr W goes to rounds, which is a minor pain. So the schedule is fine.

My CT scan is scheduled for next Friday, the 15th, at 2. That will give the radiologists and Dr W almost a week until my appointment on the 21st.

I woke up cold this morning. Actually, I didn't wake up enough. I was cold but not awake enough to do anything about it. All I needed to do was to reach up and turn on the electric mattress pad and all would have been well. But no, I just laid there half asleep and miserable. Dumb. I'm never too warm any more; prior to the encounter with the 800 lb gorilla I was always warm. I feel like I missed summer this year- there was never a time when I was too warm, except for getting into a car which has been sitting in the sun. I go around in sweats all the time, with brief periods in shorts and T shirt when I'm actually out in the sun. Being in ac is really bad; I have to take a jacket or sweatshirt to stay indoors.

I think my keyboard is going. I seem to be missing letters a lot, a lot more than I used to. The spell checker catches the missing letters, mostly. Fortunately, keyboards are cheap.

No comments: