Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Philly

Yesterday afternoon I walked over to Williams-Sonoma. They didn't have any 2-prong skewers either, but the nice guy found some in another store which he will ship to the EF. So a successful quest.

Again, very noticeable how helpful and nice the big city service people are.

On to the Expo, which doesn't seem very different from what it was 40 years ago. The technology has improved and all that, but the same people are selling the some sorts of things.

I went back to Chili's for dinner; this time it was shrimp and chicken fajitas with the obligatory margarita. Again, excellent, and again, excellent service.

This AM I had the breakfast buffet, which consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. This was a successful attempt to avoid the mid-morning gastric distress I encountered yesterday. Once again I demonstrated that protein digests well, but carbohydrate leads to gastric distress. I feel kinda like I'm back on the Adkins diet.

No comments: