Sunday, August 10, 2008

quiet

Olympics are awesome in HD! Presently it's USA-Netherlands in men's soccer, or football if you prefer. I don't find soccer very interesting to watch, generally. I missed the USA women's sabre team sweep yesterday- I was asleep. Fencing is not very good to watch either; much more fun to do. When I was fencing, I used to try to describe to people moves I'd made- "parry fourth, double disengage, thrust, lunge" and non-fencing people just go "huh?". It happens so fast it's hard to see. That little move I described above is faster to do than to type. I suspect soccer is kinda the same thing. If I was soccer person I'd probably appreciate it more. And I never played it much, as opposed to baseball which my friends and I played all the time.

Anyway, I remain fine. We had margaritas again last evening, so that's two for two. I do appreciate daughter M helping out from the Western Front. I hope the denizens of the Northern Front are doing their part. Come to think of it, haven't heard from the Northern Front for a while. Yeah, I know, all is quiet on the Northern Front.

I got my toilet fixed- new flapper valve did the job. I tried to get the shower control handle apart, but couldn't. So I put it back together again, and must have tightened things up since it seems fixed too. I count that as two for two! Now it's really quiet at night- no drip in the shower, no water running in the middle of the night for no good reason.

USA just scored their second goal- it really was a picture book goal where even I could see what they did. Maybe I should watch some more.

Just checked email and there is a note from S the DIL with new pictures of the grandbaby, so I guess all is well (albeit quiet) on the Northern Front.

No comments: