Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stable

Stable- that's what I am vis-a-vis the 800 lb gorilla. Dr White says the CART scan showed the pulmonary nodules are stable, as in not growing. Weight is up, the CA 19-9 marker is up a very little. Pain is down, energy is up, appetite is good. All good things. He says that is we stop the chemo he would expect tumors to start growing again, although sometimes they don't. I guess this means that the first round of our wrestling match is a draw.

I actually feel better, subjectively, than all the above indicates. What that means is really not known, but I'll take it.

Want to get this posted before someone out there busts a gut. More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victory as far as I'm concerned. Good news to hear. The oncologic DIL.

Anonymous said...

The Michigan contingent takes all of this to be good news.....glad you enjoyed all that good food.