Thursday, August 14, 2008

photo

The new photo, obviously, is what I look like now, as oposed the old one which was prior to my encounter with the 800 lb gorilla. There is about 90 lb difference in my weight. Right now I'm 150, same as yesterday. I have a nice doctor's office balance, not a scale, so I'm pretty confident in that weight. I'm going to weigh myself every AM when I'm home and will share that number with you. Dr D said weight is the only objective mesure we have of how I am.

Cousin S sent me her margarita recipe, which includes orange juice. Interesting. She still end up with nearly 50% tequila which seems too much to me. I'm thinking 1:1:1:1 tequila-Cointreu-lime juice-orange juice or maybe 2 lime and no orange, depending on how limy and how sweet it comes out. I've got to get myself one of those net squeesers that turn the lime inside out. I saw them using one on the Food Channel; Williams-Sonoma has one, but I'll try to find one locally and probably cheaper.

All quiet at the Marks today. We used to be able to wtch them doing the construction, but the trees are now too high. We can only see over there when the leaves are off.

2 comments:

Emma Burns said...

In the mall across Market and north a bit in Philly there's a Williams Sonoma. Might be fun to visit while you're there.

I think I'm going with 2:1:1:ice, lime:tequila:triple sec:ice.

Let ice equal ice. Actually ignore the ice completely. Also I sweeten the fresh lime juice because otherwise I make a face like Margaret Thatcher.

Anonymous said...

you mean a face of awesomeness?