Thursday, August 21, 2008

fusion

Wednesday AM was the cold fusion seminar. There is a bunch of guys out there who are true believers. They are reporting results, publishing, etc. In short, doing science regarding cold fusion. It's called Low Energy Nuclear Reactions now, LENR. Here's a web site for one of the hotbeds.:

http://newenergytimes.com/index.htm

Interesting guys; they really believe. In fact, there is a little of the persecuted true believer air hanging around them. Is LENR the answer to everything? They think so. My take home message? Could be! Think I'll try to do literature searching. I have an STN Easy account, so I can actually see papers.

After that, the drive home was kinda anti-climatic. I was kinda wiped out, though. After a margarita in a beer mug, which works well at home too, and steak for dinner, to bed early.

Today we had to get up at the crack of dawn, which comes right after O-dark-30, to get to Geisinger by 8:00 AM. Then the usual blood work, weight (157!!) and meet with Dr W who said I am stable, which I wrote about earlier. He put me on 10 mg, half the strength, Oxycontin too, since I was having no pain at all. I can always go back to 20 if needed. Meds are good when you need them, but I'm not sure I need this one right now.

Now I'm sick with the usual post chemo blues. It passes in a few days.

1 comment:

Emma Burns said...

Ugh, chemo day! I hope you feel better soon! Margaritas and delicious food are always good. Dog snuggling and naps too!