Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Margarita

Inspired my M, the younger daughter, I've decided to try to make margaritas from scratch, as opposed to from a mix. M is going to do it too. I only drink one at a time (all right, one of those was a double) so it should be the best I can make, right? A brief internet search found several recipes. The consensus is tequila, lime juice and Cointreau in the ratio of 3:2:1., although one has it as 3:1:2. They do agree that Cointreau is needed, not triple sec. Further research indicates that Cointreau is a bitter orange liqueur; triple sec is too, but seems to be a generic version. Hmmm. Sounds like lots of experiments. Whatever shall I do with all the samples? Oh well, maybe something will occur. Rumor has it that the denizens of the Near Northern Front in New Hampshire have developed the perfect recipe. Perhaps they could share it, which might eliminate re-doing some of the experiments.

All quiet on the Southern Front. That's funny; one doesn't usually think of Pennsylvania as being the south, but everyone else is further north. I don't count La-La land, which is the West, even though it's further south than Pennsylvania.

Watching the second half of the US/NZ women's soccer game. US is up 4-nil in the 89th minute.

I just documented my GORP recipe if anyone would like a copy. I'm eating GORP as an all morning nibble to get more calories. Pretty good with Boost.

US women's soccer team just won the match and the group. Dunno exactly what that means, but appears to be good!

1 comment:

Emma Burns said...

My first attempt was WAAAAAAAY too strong. I squeezed a bunch of limes and used triple sec. Cointreau can come into the picture later, when I'm not just flailing around experimenting. Basically it was infinitely too strong in the lime and triple sec departments. Fresh limes are stronger in flavor than bottled juice, I think.

I ended up splitting it in half and putting a whole ton more ice in there to dilute it down enough to make it drinkable. Oh no! TWO margaritas! What is a person to do?

I will change a variable. That's what you people do!