Monday, July 7, 2008

Yesterday turned out to be a very good day. Minimum of pain, ditto diarrhea. We got to hang out with our son, then grilled some steaks for dinner, with which we had red wine. Yum! Actually, the gorilla is being quite good. I feel better than I have for months. Do NOT jump to any conclusions about cures or the like. Just let me enjoy the good days; the bad ones come along soon enough.

Funny, before this all started I always wondered how I would react to this sort of situation. In fact, I believe there is a movie about that out now- the “Bucket List” or something since it deals with what you would do if told you are going to kick the bucket. Turns out I just want to live the life I have. I have no unfulfilled fantasies to go somewhere or see something. We’ll probably go up to Maine to see the grandbaby (and her parents) but that’s about it.

The Wimbledon men’s final was an awesome match, won eventually by Nadal. It literally took all day, admittedly with two rain delays. They’re funny when they cover the courts- they run out there and run the tarps across the court so fast that the players have to scramble to not get covered. John McEnroe chocked up both himself and Roger trying to do the post match interview. Not a dry eye in the house. I guess, unlike baseball, there is crying in tennis.

Sounds like all is quiet on the Northern front, finally. Moving is such fun. Of course, they may not be done yet since I don’t know when the furniture is going to be delivered. I could ask my son, but he’s sleeping, and besides, I don’t have a “need to know”.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Northern front reporting. Warm, very warm. Overcast with periods of sun. Going to be 87 and humid today. Propane man came while I was installing a new carseat into my car with Julia's supervision(Julia's too big for her old one!)...apparently hornets made a nest in the tank. Not uncommon, he tells me. Otherwise awaiting news from your son regarding when to expect his arrival. No need to know yet, I suppose....

Anonymous said...

Southern northern front reporting also warm and humid. First day back at work was pretty painless.

Glad the gorilla is taking a back seat for a bit here. Even gorillas nap, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I hope you keep them coming!

Emma Burns said...

Southwestern front reports all's well, sunny and 80 degrees with nada in the humidity department. In other words, perfect weather. Just, you know, NO AIR.

Glad to hear the gorilla is backing the heck off for a little while. Bossy thing.