Friday, July 25, 2008

STORK?

I drove out of the valley to Wal-Mart- along the way there was this strange looking large bird standing in the middle of the roak. It looked for all the world like a gray stork, or at least what I would think a gray stork would look like. There were two of them; the second one was sitting on a fence post. I slowed down, but the flew away when I got close. Kind of clumsy take-off, but once they got going they seemed graceful enough. I looked them up in the bird book later- Great Blue Herons. Yeah, yeah, I know- wading birds. What are wading birds doing standing in the middle of a road nowhere near any water? Dunno- it's the enchanted forest!


Wal-Mart was it's usual self, full of rednecks standing in the aisles chatting. I should talk- I'm going to the store to get out of the house for a while. I did pick up a few things, but, really, I just wanted to get out. Pathetic, isn't it. It was kinda fun walking around the store though, looking at everything. They have the "back-to-school" and the hunting stuff out already.

I'm feeling a lot better without the pain. Dinner was tortellini with tomato sauce, which was excellent with red wine. I decided that drifting along, sleeping in the day and being awake at night, was something up with which I was no longer willing to put, so I took a one hour nap in the afternoon and then stayed awake until bedtime. Kinda took myself by the scruff of the neck and said "Take charge of your life". Slept very well. Part of the plan is to drink a few cups of tea during the day to get a caffeine shot to help stay awake. I'm drinking it British style, with milk and sugar. Pretty tasty.

1 comment:

Emma Burns said...

Yay for grabbing oneself by the scruff of the neck! I have to do that often. I predict much improved quality of life. Plus, mmmmmm, TEA!!!