Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another wasted trip to Danville. We left home at 8:30, got to the hospital on time, and had blood taken. Then I had vitals taken, and saw Dr W. My white blood counts are too low again, so no chemo this week. He said some people are just that way- every 3 weeks work better. Maybe I’m one of the, He’s also looking into the insurance issues with giving me a long lasting Neupogen, which raises WBC. Blood pressure is back up to healthy levels, weight is down, which is not a good sign. WE had a discussion about pain killer- he said it’s not unusual to have the oxycontin be gone before 12 hours, as I seem to be doing. He said he could give me a stronger formulation or I could take it every 8 hours. I chose to keep doing what I’m doing, which is take an oxycodone after about 10 hours to carry me through the transition. I’ll do that. Every 8 hours would interfere with sleep or not be 8 hours. This way I have a nice even base with the spike on top.

I did change the second emergency person to be notified from son to eldest daughter.

Looks like a little rain in the offing; I heard a rumble of thunder in the distance. Guess I’ll take a good nap, then see what else I can do.

No comments: