Sunday, July 6, 2008

I pruned back my walnut tree, and also cut some wild roses which tend to encroach on the rest of the world. It really wasn’t too painful. I felt pretty good yesterday- a good day. WE had fajitas and margaritas for dinner. Super yum! And no diarrhea! Doesn’t get much better than this. Good days and bad days. Good gorilla.

Our son showed last evening. I found part of the communication problem was that I had the wrong number for his cell in my cell. Dumb.

The Wimbledon woman’s final (or ladies as they call it) was a good match. The Williams sisters met again- Venus won. Today is the men’s (or gentleman’s) and Fedderer will meet Nadel again. They just came out on the court. My money is on Roger. I’ve got 3 HDTV sets around the place, one in the family room, one here on my desk, and one in the bedroom. About the only thing I can do any more is watch TV, so I thought I’d get the best TV I can. HD is really nice. I mostly watch sports, tennis now, baseball when I can, and just about all of it is available in HD. I root for the Cubs and the Yankees, and there are a lot of both of them on, so it works well. I can’t read much any more; I can’t focus long enough to follow a plot of a book. An old work buddy dropped by the other day and brought me a copy of Jimmy Buffet’s “Swine Not?” which is sufficiently light so that I could read it and enjoy it. No margaritas! Yeah, that Jimmy Buffet. Kind of a fun story about a family who move to NYC and live in a penthouse in a luxury hotel (the mom is a chef in the hotel) with a pet pig who is not supposed to be there. The pig can speak to other animals, and to us, but not to the characters in the book. There is soccer and a Beckham-like character and some other stuff too. Plot is a little thin, about right for this kind of book. Newsweek suggested it as a good beach read. AS I said, kinda fun. I can read magazine articles too. I sent in a sub to the “Economist” last week so I’ll get another weekly.

No comments: