Thursday, July 17, 2008

I seem to have developed a shake in my hands, to the point where my computer mouse operation is a little uncertain. I actually use a trackball, but it’s the same idea. Hmm. Dunno what that means; I just offer the observation for whatever it’s worth. Probably the gorilla flexing it's muscles.

Feeling pretty good today. A little discomfort in the guts, but not much. I’m a week away from the last chemo treatment, not a coincidence, I’m sure. The 800 lb gorilla in the room is pretty quiet; the problem is the chemo which is supposed to be on my side. I guess it is. It needs a name, like the gorilla. I know gorillas are really nice peaceful creatures who don’t bother anyone, but still, the image of a large black 800 lb creature in the room which nobody mentions is just too good not to use. Maybe the chemo is a chimp- friendly, but a little bit of a hell-raiser. Any suggestions will be gratefully considered. I really do think I’m a lot better than I was. For on thing, I’m getting bored. I’ve been sick now for almost 18 months, and for most of the time was just trying to survive each day. So I think being bored is a positive sign. Thank you, chimp!

I’ve had the Flight Simulator up and flying. I took off from the Williamsport airport and flew west for a while. My objective is to land at Lock Haven. I can do the “follow the highways” style of navigation.

I’ve been watching “Carrier” on the public TV channel. They really can’t do that. I can get an add-on for FS which has a carrier and jets to fly off and try to land back on. Might be fun!

No comments: