Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today we finished up what I think is the last of the essential paperwork- the Power of Attorney for health care. My son the lawyer drafted one up and I edited it appropriately and then printed it out. That was the easy part- then I had to get two witnesses to meet me at the AAA office to notarize it. This allows Mom the make any medical decisions needed if I am unable to do so. Anyway, it's done. I learned this from my Mom who died about 10 years ago. She was very sick, with congestive heart failure, and told the hospital she wanted to leave. They wanted to discharge her, even though she was obviously not thinking clearly. I whipped the POA on them and things became much simpler.

I’m eating ages old GORP from the freezer. It’s a little soggy, but quite good.

Tomorrow, Thursday, is the next chemo treatment at the hospital. We have to be there at 9:30, so leave here at 8:30, so no time to blog. I’ll get back to y’all after the chemo, which may be late in the afternoon. So don’t panic if there is no blog early.

No comments: