Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good morning, especially to those of you who got here from the link in my lovely daughter Maggie's blog. It is the 800 lb gorilla. I named it after all the off-spring were here for a weekend and nobody ever mentioned cancer. And as Maggie says, it can do anything it wants to.

Good night, but starting out to be a bad day. Weather in the EF is cloudy and kinda dank, although still warm. Buggy too- got bit on the neck while out to get the paper and walk the dog. I took my usual oxycodone at 5:40, and oxycontin at 8, but I'm kinda uncomfortable. There's a dull delocalized pain in the gut, which is where the cancer is. Dr S said that's the one to worry about; the growth in the lungs and liver is not to worry about.

Had my usual gross eggs for breakfast, followed by Bear Naked Granola and Boost. Mom points out that there is Gorp in the freezer from years ago which fits into the present eating pattern. I'll have to get some out and try it.

I have to print out the shopping list for Mom this morning, and then install the blog software on the laptop. Busy, busy. And don't forget a nap. I bought a really nice Dell laptop when they told me I had a clean bill of health. I figured it would be great for travelling, and it would have been, but it's nice at home too.

Most frustrating thing about this is I spent a lot of time getting things to run smoothly, and now I'm not able to enjoy them. Like the house in the EF- it's really nice with the trees growing up out front and all.

Things seem to going OK on the Northern Front. Wish I could have been there to help.

1 comment:

Emma Burns said...

Surely I mentioned it somewhere in the course of the epic chemo saga? No? Though you're right, when we all crammed in that room, no one said a word about it. 800 lb. gorilla!

I'm taking my busted knee to the doctor today. You guys are a bad influence! Hopefully it's nothing.