Thursday, July 24, 2008

Slugfest!

We're having a slugfest in the EF today. The driveway has slugs on it! Not the earthworm thing- they do that too. These are slugs. Dunno what that's about, other than the ground being saturated with water from all the rain yesterday.

The gorilla is being kinda good lately. So good, in fact, that I'm stopping half of the pain meds. I've been taking an oxycontin every 12 hours, and will go to one a day. My pain/discomfort level is so low that there really is no discomfort, which I think of as drug-suppressed pain. We'll see what that brings. I can always restart.

Last night we had an outstanding batch of shrimp scampi with spinach. Really excellent with red wine. It was so good that I ate a second bowl full. Not a good idea. Fair amount of pain from that. It was the normal "ate too much, dummy" pain as opposed to the gorilla pain. Strangely enough, it cured the touch of diarrhea I had. I don't understand any of it.

No comments: