Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Burnt!

What was coming next was a burnt hand. I was happily grilling pork chops, and after turning them reached out to close the grill cover without looking and grabbed the top of the grill (HOT!) instead of the handle. Wow! Closed the cover with the other hand and ran to the laundry room sink (only 4 steps, actually) and the cold water. Thence to the freezer and ice. Iced until the hand was getting numb, and the pork chops were done. (They were excellent with red wine.) The hand felt pretty good- only a little sore and stiff. By this morning it's fine- like it never happened. Moving fast is the trick- get the burn under cold water fast!

We got the new file cabnet up to my office. I did skin my elbow in the process, but that's all. Now I have to sort and file my medical records. As you may imagine, there are a lot of them.

Weather in the EF is really nice, but it's getting a little dry. We missed the storms that were forecast through the weekend. We generally have a dry period in August, where the grass goes dorment for a while. Kinda looks like that will be happening soon.

I dreamed about work again last night. This time I was trying to get a lab running. Everybody was standing around or working at cross purposes, where one person would set up something and the next would take it down, resulting in arguments which I had to referee. It really was a group leaders nightmare!

No comments: