Thursday, July 10, 2008

After spending a rainy afternoon napping, I felt a lot better. Go back to sleep, gorilla! I had no coffee and only a minimum amount of food. Diarrhea is mostly gone, but that’s the best it ever gets. Guess I’ll do without coffee for a while longer.

I slept most of the evening, then all night without any problem. My body seems to have gone into sleep mode. Wonder what that’s about. Maybe the gorilla is telling me to go to sleep.

I’m thinking about spending a few days at the ACS National Meeting in Philly next month. I’d like to stimulate the old brain before it atrophies completely, plus I’d like to see if there is any action on the global warming front. To me, one answer is to reduce the CO2 back to methanol or methane, then reburn it. The chemistry will certainly work; the costs etc. are in question. This is a chemical question, and it seems to me that the ACS being the professional chemical society should be more active than it is on this front. Anyone else thinking of attending?

It’s a sunny day in the Enchanted Forest; forecast is for dry today and tomorrow. Maybe I’ll be able to cut some grass. Today is my trip to Geisinger for the check-up and more chemo. How fun. It’s an afternoon appointment, so I may not be able to post the results, if any, until late today or maybe even tomorrow.

No comments: