Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quest

We did a real old-fashioned quest yesterday. Williamsport, Montoursville, Lycomng mall etc. We also stopped for lunch at Johnsons in Montoursville. I had an outstanding Reuben sandwich, which had no ill effect at all. We found most of what we were looking for, but not all. A big "want" is for a double bladed skewer for grilling shrimp. If you're not careful putting the shrimp on the skewer, the heavy side will rotate the shrimp, making it impossible to turn them. I saw one on the Food Channel, and Amazon has a set for about $12 with $11 for shipping. Nice lady at the kitchen store in the mall agreed it would be handy, but she didn't have any.

We stopped at the Amish veggie stand on the way home and got a tomato, which we had with Feta cheese and olive oil for the first course for dinner. Outstanding with red wine. Second course was grilled shrimp. We put them on the skewer by putting the skewer through the shrimp twice, on the thick end and the thin end. No rotation. Excellent with red wine. No gastric distress from any of it.

Looks like the Northern Front may have some bear around, based on a photo of some scat. Hmmm. Don't leave the grandbaby out by herself!

As a consequence of all the questing, we were really tired last night and slept really well until the thunderstorms rolled through. That not only woke us, it kicked the power off long enough to crash the electric clocks. So this morning I got my watch and mis-read it so we didn't get up until 8! I was able to talk the dog into going back to bed. So today we're running a little late.

The gorilla is being really cooperative, as long as I keep up the pain killer. I'm eating foods that would have caused considerable distress several months ago. There seems to be no effect. I seem to have more energy and less pain too. This week I get to see Dr D, my PCP, on Wednesday, and then have another chemo treatment and see the PA on Thursday.

1 comment:

Emma Burns said...

Way to go with the no gastric distress!!!!!

I'd say that is a VERY good sign what with how the ol' gorilla was messing about in the gastrics.

Out out, damned gorilla!