Saturday, July 19, 2008

Better

OK you guys, I officially feel better! Not well, and one should not infer anything about the health of the 800 lb gorilla, but I have considerably less severe symptoms.

I seem to be eating too much for my stomach and intestines to handle. Had gross eggs for breakfast at 7:30 or so, then gorp and Boost at 9, eaten slowly for the next hour. Gorp is really good for snacking since you can nibble on it nicely But at noon I feel overfull yet. Not to give you more information than you need, but I had a good BM somewhere in there too. No diarrhea, no constipation. It’s what passes for good nowadays. The medical people all tell me to eat a lot of high calorie foods to keep my weight up, and gorp and Boost seems the best way to do that. I guess that gorilla is messing with me again. Or still.

Watched another stage of the Tour de Drugs. I still don’t understand what the teams do. They don’t appear to be breaking the wind for the leader or anything. Maybe setting a fast pace to burn out the other teams, but that seems so obvious that you’d think nobody would fall for it. And the whole drug thing has turned the Tour into a farce. I just feel sorry for the guys who are clean and trying to do well. They’re all getting tarred with the same brush.

Reading “6 Glasses That Changed the World” I came across the interesting tidbit that the British Navy in the days of sail actually issued a mixture of rum, lime juice, sugar and water to the sailors, not just rum as I had thought. They called the mixture grog. Hmmm. What does that sound like? Maybe a margarita made with rum? So I tried one. Not bad- I used dark rum and the flavor of the rum really came through. One of these days I’m going to try throwing a little rum into lemon-lime Gator-Aid. Dunno what you would call it, but you could excuse the drinking as a fluid replacement! Maybe Gator-Grog? LOL! Of course, back in the day, when running was really popular, George Sheehan, the running cardiologist, claimed beer was the perfect fluid replacement drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having a good day. you're making good progress on Six Glasses if you're to the rum part already.

I warned you about the side effects, didn't I?