Monday, September 15, 2008

wind

The remnants of hurricane Ike came through last night. Lots of warm humid air, lots of it moving very quickly ( as in wind) but no rain. It was blowing so hard it was difficult to sleep through the noise of the trees blowing. And we have a few leaves down this morning, not a good sign for those of us who don't like fall.

I don't feel real bad today- not back to good yet, but on the way. I felt good before getting up, then kinda bad until I ate my gross eggs, now I feel better. I did make it out to Wal-Mart and Lowes yesterday. I needed new nylon rope for the canoe. My plan is to get the canoe in the water. It only weighs 18 lbs, so I should be able to handle it alone. I'm a little nervous with it in big water, but it'll be fine on the smaller lakes and on the river in Lock Haven. Since I lost about 100 lbs since I used it last, I should have more freeboard. I stole the bow and stern lines from the canoe and put them on the kayak, thus need new lines. The canoe has it's own straps, so that's OK and I have the paddle and PFD so I should be good to go. As usual, the limiting piece is my health.

Cubs won last night; Carlos Zambrano pitched a "no-no"! (That's a no hitter with no runs for those of you who don't follow baseball.) Outstanding! When I turned on the TV in the family room this AM it was set for ESPN and they had the highlights, so I actually got to see some of it. Starting to look like they really can do it; they're lucky as well as good, which is what you need to be to win it all. Most meaningless stat: First pitcher whose name starts with Z to pitch a no hitter in the majors. Baseball is funny with their stats.

No comments: