Sunday, September 7, 2008

visit

So, we had a nice visit with niece W et al. We had a slight communication issue, which we worked out. We had a nice lunch and visit- we decided we hadn't seen each other for 35 or 40 years!

Today is supposed to be Tropical Storm Hanna here in Bangor. Actually, it rained all night, but now it's cloudy with the sun peeking through. I think it came a little earlier than they thought it would, which means it's travelling faster than expected, the laws of motion being what they are.

The gorilla remains quiet. I had a wrap in a corn tortilla for lunch, and pasta salad, and the remains of the pasta salad and some potato salad for dinner without incident. Nice being in the 3rd week of the chemo cycle. My admittedly subjective opinion is that the 3rd week is better this time than the last, and that one was better than the one before it. So I think I'm getting somewhat better.

Think I'm going to get the canoe out when we get home. It only weighs 18 lbs, so I'll be able to handle it. And part of the issue with it was the low freeboard, but that was when I weighed 100 lbs more than I do now, so that issue should be reduced too.

Tomorrow we head out for home, so the usual waning about not being able to post applies.

No comments: