Thursday, September 18, 2008

two!

The Cubs magic number is now two, after the win last night. For those who may not be baseball fans, that means any combination of Cubs wins or Brewers losses that adds up to two means the Cubs clinch the Central division. ON to the playoffs!

Cold this AM! We had a frost warning last night, but I didn't see any frost this morning. It's coming though! It makes for good sleeping, although I had a restless night. WE have dual control heated mattress pad so I can keep my side warm enough for me. I didn't nap or sleep during the day or evening again, but still had some weird dreams (blame the narcotic) and woke up lot.

I'm feeling a lot better now, being a week plus away from the chemo treatment. Today I'll go to the pool and see how that works. Tomorrow the plan is I'll put the canoe in the river. Here in central PA, "the river" refers to the west branch of the Susquehanna.

Political note: I'm feeling increasingly uncomfortable with McCain and his pick of Palin. She is a born-again, and I don't trust those people. They're too sure- they see everything as black and white. The world, in my view, is gray. I guess I don't want a born-again a heartbeat away from the presidency, especially with a president who is 72 and suffered as a POW. I had hopes that McCain would bring the Republican party back to the center, where it was until the Goldwaterites ran Rockefeller and the liberal Republicans out of the party in the San Francisco convention of '64. Goldwater lost big time, but he paved the way for Regan and, maybe more importantly, turned the party over to the born-agains, the so-called "base". Looks to me like the Palin choice was a giant pander to the "base".

Present thinking is to rent a cottage or something in the Keys during early December. A little more expensive than the trailer, but considering the trailer hasn't moved for almost two years, it'll need some maintenance and that's an expense we wouldn't have. The big factor is a cottage (and motel on the way) have the bathroom a few steps away. Camping in the trailer requires getting dressed and using the common bathrooms, not a big deal when healthy but then we're not really healthy.

No comments: