Saturday, September 6, 2008

wet

Finally got the kayak wet, as you can see. Yeah, that's me in it. It works really well- nice and stable, splashes at the bow in a little chop stay outside. There was no chop in the picture; it's sheltered cove, but out on the open lake there was some. As I say, feels really stable. I never felt like it might tip or anything. Very manoeuvrable too; it'll pivot in place if you do the front paddle on one side and rear paddle on the other.

Another system I designed which works well. The car fits the kayak too. And of course the EF is now to the place where it works well too. In fact, everything works except what I have no control of, namely my health. Stupid gorilla sees to that! Bummer.

The doctor in the ER here yesterday thinks I have gout. He gave me a script for antibiotic for cellulitis, since it knocked it down the last few times. That'll get me back to PA to see the oncologist on Thursday. He also took a lot of blood which he will have analyzed and send the results to Dr W at Geisinger. He said it's either gout or cellulitis; the antibiotic is for the cellulitis and the blood work is to confirm or deny the gout, so we're covered either way. Nice people.

Today our niece W is coming for lunch, which should be fun since we haven't seen her since we lived in Michigan.


Tomorrow tropical storm Hanna is coming. They have a flash flood watch for tonight and tomorrow. Probably not going to be as much fun as seeing W again.

No comments: