Saturday, September 27, 2008

rain

Rain is happening here in the EF today. We do get a rumble of thunder once in a while too, but it's not a serious electrical storm. It was dark at 7 though- first time this season I've needed lights to get dressed. A sure sign of fall.

Looks like the Northern Front is about to get clobbered with rain and wind. Keep your powder dry, you guys!

I went swimming yesterday. I only did 2 laps again, and I was cold, so I beat it into the hot showers. The gal at the front desk told me they are trying to keep it between 84 and 86, but it was down to 82. That sounds a lot warmer than it felt. I'm beginning to wonder how they measure the temp. I've seen the lifeguards dip a thermometer in at the edge, but the pool is very often stratified; i.e. warm on top and cold under the surface. Hey, warm water rises, cold water sinks. I think the only mixing it gets is the people moving the water when they swim. I don't know where the pick up for the heater is, nor where the discharge back into the pool. It needs to be discharging warm water into the bottom, obviously.

Maybe I can't swim, at least until the get their act together. Maybe I should try walking. I started swimming after my orthopedist told me to minimize impact on the bad knee, but that was a hundred pounds ago. Less impact now, which may be the only good side of the battle with the gorilla. I can ride bike too, which is low impact. I'm really weak, and I don't like it one bit!

No comments: