Monday, September 29, 2008

mile

I walked a whole mile yesterday! Yes, indeed, 1/26th of a marathon. I got my wrist mounted GPS out and went a half mile and then back. Sure enough- 1.04 miles on the clock. My legs were really tired at the end, like they used to get after a 10 mile run or something. I had a dream the other night about walking- then I broke into a run! Not a fast run, but a slow jog. It really felt good, in a kinda dreamy way.

Funny, I feel really good about being able to walk a mile. After all the many miles I used to run, you'd think a mile would be nothing. I guess it's like the dog who could sing- it's not that he could sing really well, but that he could sing at all. So I guess that's how I feel- it's remarkable that I can walk at all. In fact, when you think about it, it's remarkable that I'm alive at all. Actually, I prefer not to think about it- too depressing. One day at a time!

Looks like Kyle went further east than the original forecast, up the Bay of Fundy. I guess the Northern Front survived and is quiet.

I had some more of the great beef from Wal-Mart last evening. It actually is packed by Cargill, a big name in feed, fertilizer, beef, etc. Big Midwestern company, what they call an agribusiness. Anyway I had 3/4 of a pound of chopped sirloin, mixed with chopped onion and Worcestershire, then formed into a big patty and grilled. I put a few slices of Provolone on it right at the end, long enough for it to melt, and then guacamole and salsa on it to eat. Yum!

Looks like the financial crisis is over for now. Now the question is "What's next?" IMHO, Obama looked statesman-like while McCain just ran around making a fool of himself. I personally dislike a bail-out; it violates my liberal Republican principles. I think people who make bad deals should pay the penalty, whatever it is. That includes people who take out mortgages they can't afford with no down payment, as well as the people who sold those mortgages. What were they thinking?

No comments: