Sunday, September 28, 2008

DIRECTV

One of my HDTV receivers has been kinda fluky. It worked fine most of the time, but occasionally would just give me a message that I had a "wrong card". I'd call customer service and fight my way through the automated voice system until I get a real person, who would tell me to take out the card and reinstall, reboot, etc, etc. None of that would work. Finally they would do something on their end and it would work again. This happened about 6 times since it was installed in June, with me getting less patient with them each time. Finally they agreed to send a tech and change the receiver. That was scheduled to be today between 8 and noon. Gal shows up at 7:45 this morning, just as my gross eggs were ready to eat. She lives in Rote and gave herself extra time since she knows the address is not very specific. Very nice person, very helpful, and did a fine job. I ate breakfast in my office while she worked. So now it should be fine. She also gave me the number of the local office, where she works, and said they would usually be here the next day if I have a problem. Sounds good!

Hurricane Kyle heading to Maine! The name sorta fits, you must admit. Looks like it'll come ashore right about Eastport, on the Maine-New Brunswick border.

Walk yesterday was quite successful. I'll keep doing it for a while. I can adjust clothing to keep myself warm, which I can't do in the pool without a wet suit or something. Dog liked the walk too, being a dog and all.

No comments: