Sunday, October 5, 2008

today

Maggie was in Indiana last evening, trying to get into Ohio before stopping. In any case, she'll be here today, or maybe tonight. Trip continues to go well. Sure be nice to see her again! (BTW, "here" is central PA.)

I'm not well, but better. This chemo is bad news, but it's keeping that gorilla from doing me in, so I guess that's a good thing. This is for sure the worst post chemo I've had. It may be due to the enzyme I restarted. I looked at the data sheet yesterday, the enzyme reaction follows the same pathway as a typical lab hydrolysis- splits the triglyceride to fatty acid and glycerol. Why glycerol or fatty acid gave me the symptoms I have is beyond me. Right now I have no gastric distress at all. I just feel lethargic and sick all the time. I'm slowly adding foods back into the diet. Yesterday I had eggs for breakfast and grilled chicken for dinner. I'm being very careful with fat and oil, since I suspect that caused the problem with the enzyme. Life goes on.

Cubs finished their collapse. They really looked lame- bad pitching, lots of errors, no hitting. Looks to me like they were pressing instead of relaxing and playing baseball. They certainly didn't look like the team with the best record in the league. They haven't won a post season game since the infamous Steve Bartman- Moses Alou incident in Wrigley.

No comments: