Monday, October 13, 2008

drugs

Drugs work. What a concept- things that actually do some good!

As you know, I've been fighting pain for the last week, since the last chemo treatment. Last night , at the usual 8:30 dose, it suddenly occurred to me I might be overthinking the whole thing. I get pain, my doctor gave me meds for pain, but I'm trying to attack the cause by fiddling with my diet. So I just simplemindedly said to myself, "you have pain, take meds", and took a double dose. Did it work! I felt a lot better, not just less pain, although it went away nicely, but felt better all over. I was even a bit "high" from the narcotic. But I was able to relax watching the ball game in the evening, and sleep through the night, except for getting up to take off blankets again when I was too warm at midnight. For those interested in dosage, I was taking 20mg, went to 40 last night, back to 30 this morning. I've got 10 mg caps as well as the 20, so a 20 and a 10 is 30.

This morning I still feel fine, no gas pains, no cramps. Amazing drugs!

I understand this drug, whose name I will not mention, is the street drug of choice. Just last week a house in Logenton was broken into just to steal the drug. We're on enhanced security alert- just keeping on eye on people in the area. Since there are so few, and most of them Amish, it's pretty easy.

No comments: