Thursday, October 16, 2008

effects

My side effects seem to getting side effects. I'm taking the Drug to decrease pain and allow me to live in some reasonably facsimile of normal. But this leads to hallucinations, so I can't do much. Even I get saturated with TV once in a while. So I spend a lot of time in bed, sometimes napping, sometimes watching TV or reading, which has now lead to leg cramps. Fun, fun. The eternal quandary is, of course, do I take pain pills for the cramps, which hurt all right? I think not. I think I'll just try to spend less of the day in bed

The diarrhea issue stays with me too. The drug has moved me along the continuum from diarrhea to constipation, to the point where I now get constipation just by skipping the fibre and eating nothing but meat, a diet which worked really well a month go.

O well, keep fighting, I guess

2 comments:

shelley toye said...

I suggest quinine for leg cramps. I have had them intermittently for years - some medications cause my foot to go into spasms and the calf muscle locks up. It was agonizing! Quinine is the only thing that unlocks it for me. Used to be able to buy it as Legatrim until it was taken off the market. Quinine water helps some people as does calcium or magnesium but the higher dose quinine you can get prescription for.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, FIL! I've been reading with some concern...increasing the pain medication that quickly can whack you out pretty badly, and if the pain is so bad that you feel a need to increase the dose so quickly, it may be wise to contact your doctor to try to figure out the source of the pain, and in so doing, how best to treat it. - The DIL